We are looking forward to sharing important information about the upcoming 2021-2022 school year to help prepare staff, families, and students for another great school year at WSD.
– Uniforms will not be required, but students and staff will need to follow the "WSD STUDENT AND STAFF DRESS CODE POLICY" placed during the 2020-2021 school year.
– You can find this policy attached to this post or on our website under the "Parent" section.
– Students can purchase WSD Spirit wear or house shirts from their school. But it is not required.
–If students violated the dress code standard all schools in WSD will follow the process below:
All dress code violations will be tracked in SWIS: School-Wide Information System which is a comprehensive database WSD schools use to understand student behaviors to help students find support faster and target their specific needs.
– First Warning: Students will participate in a restorative talk with school counselors.
– Second Warning: Students will participate in a restorative talk or restorative circle during lunch. Parents will receive a phone call notification.
– Third Warning: Parents will be called into the school to have a meeting or conference with the school administrator and student.
– All school buildings will have a change of clothes available for students who are not following the dress code appropriately.
WSD students will not need to buy school supplies for the 2021-2022 school year.
– Each school will supply all school supplies for its students. Specific school supplies will be given to students depending on their grades.
– Extracurricular school supplies for specific classes might need to be purchased throughout the school year, depending on the student's course, class or subject.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES:
Safely returning to the classroom for full-time in-person instruction this school year is important for students, teachers, and staff.
– All school personnel, volunteers, visitors, and students must wear cloth face coverings or masks regardless of vaccination status when indoors and on school buses.
– Schools will maintain at least three feet of physical distancing between students in classroom settings, to the degree possible and reasonable, that allows for full-time, in-person learning for all students.
SPORTS AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
Students will have various opportunities to join sports or other extracurricular clubs and programs.
– Students will need to wear a mask when participating in indoor sports or extracurricular activities.
– Various programs and sports will be offered to students depending on their school and grade.
– Please make sure to check the WSD website and Wahluke.net for extracurricular opportunities and wahlukeathletics.com for WSD Athletic information.
Bus rides are available to students who live out of town. Please contact your student's school if you changed your address or need to know your route number.
Meals are available for students during school hours. Students will receive a hot breakfast and lunch.
Upcoming School Year Announcements
AUG 19, 2021